The issue I have chosen to communicate is the popular culture surrounding social media and how forced the consumption of media has become within society, ultimately putting a filter over the way humans interact with images and media, permanently changing how we consume images and photography forever. Specifically I am making a comment on our endless consumption of media and how new age technology such as social media data analytics is tailoring our social media experiences specifically for yourself. To create this images I used a mixture of photographic elements, scanned in textures, sourced imagery and photoshop tools. Through my collage of imagery I have represented a sinister artificial environment using dark tones, a monochromatic colour palette and rough, man made textures, paired with visual symbols that represent operating in a virtual space as a human being.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
FINAL PRINT + RATIONALE
CONSUMED BY CONSUMERISM, BI-PRODUCTS OF OBSESSION The issue I have chosen to communicate is the popular culture surrounding social media...
-
For the presentation of my three works I want to have them printed on the same piece of paper (like below) making the three works one big p...
-
CONSUMED BY CONSUMERISM, BI-PRODUCTS OF OBSESSION The issue I have chosen to communicate is the popular culture surrounding social media...
-
Photoshoot to replace the found an image of the face in my series. Shot in the studio, I used a snoot to direct the light on the front of th...
No comments:
Post a Comment