Thursday 19 October 2017

FINAL PRINT + RATIONALE

CONSUMED BY CONSUMERISM, BI-PRODUCTS OF OBSESSION

The issue I have chosen to communicate is the popular culture surrounding social media and how forced the consumption of media has become within society, ultimately putting a filter over the way humans interact with images and media, permanently changing how we consume images and photography forever. Specifically I am making a comment on our endless consumption of media and how new age technology such as social media data analytics is tailoring our social media experiences specifically for yourself. To create this images I used a mixture of photographic elements, scanned in textures, sourced imagery and photoshop tools. Through my collage of imagery I have represented a sinister artificial environment using dark tones, a monochromatic colour palette and rough, man made textures, paired with visual symbols that represent operating in a virtual space as a human being.


No comments:

Post a Comment

FINAL PRINT + RATIONALE

CONSUMED BY CONSUMERISM, BI-PRODUCTS OF OBSESSION The issue I have chosen to communicate is the popular culture surrounding social media...